Saturday, September 1, 2007

Say Cheese...

Well, I'm finally in "America's Dairy". The drive was long and we are all glad to be here. There was some really pretty scenery on the way, but I (of course) did not stop to take pictures. I did, however take some pics of the apartment. It's a pretty nice place, with Cleo's bathroom really close to the apartment, which is good for both of us! Madison seems really pretty so far, but I haven't done a lot of exploring, because I really don't want to look at my car right now. Hauling the trailer was alright, but backing it into the driveway was a bi*$!. Anyone who has seen the "cliff" I used to live on knows why. Also the neighborhood dog picked that time to come and visit. She was waiting for me in the driveway! My nerves were so shot after ten minutes that I had to take a nap! Cleo (aka Cloe) traveled well, but she always does. The cats were ... ok. I just heard the occasional pathetic meow from the back. I can't imagine how they would have been without the sedative. Here are some pics of the apartment:


The Bedroom...


The Kitchen...


The Necessary...




The Living Room (the dog and cats I brought with me)...


and The Dining Room...



My last few weeks in Richmond were very sad. I spent a lot of time with my friends, but I already miss them. I have to admit, I was something of a crybaby. I'm not one of those pretty criers either. My face gets all puffy, my eyes squint up, and snot runs like a river. Charming, huh? Anyway, that's enough for now I suppose...

9 comments:

Joe said...

Welcome to the midwest, Dani! Glad you made it safely. My dog (Chloe), cat (Lily), and I made a similar trip from Gainesville to Chicago, back in 2004. We have all enjoyed it here, and I'm sure you'll like Madison when you get a chance to explore more. You have a good coat, right?

If you come to Chicago for any reason, let me know and we'll grab a beer and reminisce about the good old days in Kathleen.

Amanda said...

DANI!! So glad to hear that you made it in one piece, albeit with a few frazzled nerves! Your digs look fab!! Give Cleo hugs and kisses from me and the pups- Kenney says hi!! =) I can't believe you are all the way out THERE!! I love exploring new places though, so I am a little envious! You have to take pics when you go out to explore so we can live vicariously through you!! =)

Trina said...

Hi Dani girl! Your apartment is very nice. I am glad you made it out there..but seriously the gig is up..come back home now. this is just silly. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Hey sis! Glad you made it safely but I wish you wouod of moved closer to me then farther away from me.:( I miss you and love you lil sister!:)

Amanda said...

WHERE ARE THE BLOG UPDATES? Have you forgotten about those of us still in Virginia who hang on your every blog-word? I want new pictures!!! =)

Michelle said...

Good luck out there Dani. Moving is no big thing for me. Spending 8 years in the navy kind of does that to ya. The biggest thing you need to do is find a nice restaurant, a good watering hole, and the best pizza delivery. Do yourself a favor and buy a local map. Mitch and Michelle.

Unknown said...

Ok so I know it took me a long time but I am here! How are you doing? Your apartment looks very nice. All is well here - started my new job in mid September. I am learning all kinds of cool stuff and enjoying it very much. I miss you very much and hope to see you at Christmas maybe?

Danielle said...

Hi guys, sorry for the lack of updates. I've been really busy...you know...because I'm so important. lol. I won't make it down to Richmond 'til the passes are clear of snow, but maybe I can see some of you in the spring sometime? Or, you could come visit me? Not during the winter? I get that alot!

Anonymous said...

You write very well.